It had to happen sometime.
And it did.
Not that I expected every firing to come out perfect…
Well, yes, I did.
So what went wrong?
– Too much glaze coats
– Under-estimated glaze run
– Extra long cool-down schedule
– Not thinking fast enough to turn off the kiln when i noticed the wrong temperature.
And what did I learn from this?
– Don’t wait 2 months to get back to clay
– My throwing is getting better, even thickness from the bottom up
– Triple check my kiln settings
So, back on the wheel again.
Thanks for checking in.
Have yourselves a safe and happy holidays!